Indians Dominate the ICC Awards of the Decade
On 28 December 2020, the International Cricket Council announced the individual ICC awards and named the ICC World XI Teams. In a one-off edition of the annual awards programme of the ICC, the ICC Awards of the Decade celebrated the outstanding performance and cricketing moments in international cricket in the past decade.
Kohli, Perry Named Men’s and Women’s Players of the Decade
Indian players took a lions’ share of the ICC Awards of the decade with Indian skipper Virat Kohli named the ICC men’s ODI Player of the Decade acknowledging his prolific record in One Day Internationals between 2011 and 2020. The prestigious Sir Garfield Sobers Award for ICC Men’s Cricketer of the Decade also went to Kohli. The ICC men’s Test Player of the Decade award was given to Australia’s Steve Smith, while the ICC men’s T20I Player of the Decade award was handed to Afghanistan leg-spinner Rashid Khan. The ICC Spirit of Cricket Award of the Decade was given to former India captain MS Dhoni to acknowledge his gesture of calling Ian Bell of England back to the crease after the umpire ruled him out in dubious circumstances. Australia’s Ellyse Perry monopolised the awards in the women’s category after she was named the ICC T20I Player of the Decade, ODI Player of the Decade and Women’s Player of the Decade.
ICC Teams of the Decade
Aaron Finch, AB de Villiers, Chris Gayle, Glenn Maxwell, Jasprit Bumrah, Kieron Pollard, Lasith Malinga, MS Dhoni (c), Rashid Khan, Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli were named in the ICC T20I team of the decade. The ICC ODI team of the decade included AB de Villiers, Ben Stokes, David Warner, Imran Tahir, Lasith Malinga, MS Dhoni (c), Mitchell Starc, Rohit Sharma, Shakib Al Hasan, Trent Boult and Virat Kohli. Alistair Cook, Ben Stokes, Dale Steyn, David Warner, James Anderson, Kane Williamson, Kumar Sangakkara, Ravi Ashwin, Steve Smith, Stuart Broad and Virat Kohli (c) featured in the ICC Test team of the decade.
How the Awards Were Determined
A shortlist of nominees for each category of award was determined by an Awards Nominations Committee consisting of the ICC General Manager, Cricket and prominent cricket broadcasters and journalists from across the world. This time around, fans had a say in the selection of winners across several categories including the Rachael Heyhoe Flint and Sir Garfield Sobers Awards, celebrating the best overall women’s and men’s players during the past 10 years, between January 1, 2011 and October 7, 2020. Fans contributed 10 percent of the votes while the expert panel had a say in the remaining 90 percent.
Gloucestershire vs Sussex Match Details In this article, we preview and make a Dream11 prediction for Gloucestershire vs Sussex, the Vitality Blast T20 game to be held in Bristol on June 11. Team Sussex Report Likely XI: Ali Orr, Tom Haines, Stiaan van Zyl, Aaron Thomason, Travis Head, Ben Brown, Danial Ibrahim, Jack Carson, Stuart […]
In this article, we preview Gloucestershire vs Sussex, the Vitality Blast 2021 match to be played on 11 June 2021 at County Ground, Bristol. Match Predictions and Team Previews Analysis The last time Gloucestershire faced Sussex in the Vitality Blast was on 30 August 2019 in Hove. In that match, Sussex batted first. After losing […]
BCCI’s Ethics Officer has reported that the occupation of N. Srinivasan’s daughter Rupa Gurunath as TNCA President reflects a conflict of interest. Complaint by Sanjiv Gupta On 23 November 2020, Justice Jain received a complaint from Sanjiv Gupta wherein the complainant brought to the Ethics Officer’s notice that more than one post was occupied simultaneously […]
Surrey vs Middlesex Match Details In this article, we preview Surrey vs Middlesex, the match scheduled to be played in the Vitality Blast T20 Championship 2021 on June 10 in London. In a match between otherwise comparable sides, Surrey appear to hold the edge, with relatively more consistent top-order batsmen. Team Surrey Report Surrey: Mark […]
Glamorgan vs Gloucestershire Match Details In this article, we preview and make a dream11 prediction for Glamorgan vs Gloucestershire, the Vitality Blast T20 game to be held at Bristol on June 10. Team Glamorgan Report Glamorgan: Joe Cooke, David Lloyd, Marnus Labuschagne, Billy Root, Kiran Carlson, Chris Cooke, Dan Douthwaite, Michael Neser, James Weighell, Andrew […]
Lancashire vs Leicestershire Match Details In this article, we preview Lancashire vs Leicestershire, the Vitality Blast 2021 match to be played on 10 June at Manchester. Team Lancashire Report Probable XI: Lancashire: Jos Buttler, Keaton Jennings, Alex Davies, Josh Bohannan, Liam Livingstone, Dane Vilas, Luke Wood, Danny Lamb, Tom Bailey, Saqib Mahmood, Matt Parkinson. Team […]