IPL 2021: With 75% of League Stage Over, Here Are All the Playoffs Chances in 9 Points
Let’s take a look at each team’s current standing and how each team has performed so far so that we can see who will make it to the playoffs.
|Chennai Super kings||11||9||2||+1.002||18||w,w,w,w,l|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||11||7||4||-0.200||14||w,w,l,l,l|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||12||5||7||+0.302||10||l,w,l,w,w|
The following are the playoff possibilities of all eight teams with 10 league matches left to be played:
- Chennai Super Kings remain on top of the points table with 18 points and 9 victories so far in the tournament. They have already qualified for the playoffs and will probably remain among the top three, if not first after the league matches end. They have two matches left – one against Delhi and one against Punjab.
- Delhi Capitals are likely to stay in the top 3 after the league matches end as they are in sublime form. They have the chance to clinch the top position if they perform well against the mighty CSK and RCB.
- According to cric-life.com, RCB have a 96% chance of remaining in the top four after the league matches. They have performed well in the tournament; however, there is a decline in their form in the second leg of the season.
- KKR’s win against Punjab has placed them in the driver’s seat for the playoffs. But they will be contending against Punjab and Mumbai.
- There is a 50-50 chance that Mumbai will qualify for the playoffs considering their form and performance in this edition of the IPL. They not only have to win their remaining matches but with a high net run rate as well.
- Punjab Kings still have their hopes alive given that Mumbai and KKR lose their remaining matches. Nevertheless, they won’t be able to make it to the top 2.
- Rajasthan Royals have no hopes of entering the playoffs. With only 4 wins, they are out of the tournament.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad will have to try next year for a place in the playoffs as the team has performed poorly with only 2 wins in the tournament.
We hope that this gives you a clear insight into the IPL standing of each team.
The last two league games of the IPL 2021 will be played simultaneously. The schedule tweak has taken the franchises by surprise. On the other hand, the IPL media rights tender will be released soon. The BCCI recently announced that the last two league games of the IPL 2021 would be held simultaneously. Sunrisers Hyderabad […]
After having juggled the lead between themselves for the greater part of this season of the Indian Premier League, Delhi Capitals finally pulled away from Chennai Super Kings with a hard-fought victory over the latter. Matched up against each other in the 50th match of the IPL 2021, even the most confident, well-versed experts couldn’t […]
Son of former West Indies fast bowler Vasbert Drakes, 23-year-old Dominic is a capable all-rounder like the player he’s about to step in for. Dominic Drakes career statistics […]
Sam Curran, the CSK all-rounder, recently sustained a lower back injury which ruled him out of the IPL 2021. The franchise is trying to find a suitable replacement for him. You must have been keeping track of the IPL cricket. If yes, you know that CSK’s Sam Curran faced an injury that prevented him from […]
Batsman Sherfane Rutherford from Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) quit the IPL 2021 to spend time with the family after his father’s sudden demise. Sherfane Rutherford, the 23-year-old batter, returned home from Dubai after the sudden demise of his father during the IPL 2021. Sunrisers Hyderabad signed the batsman as a replacement for Jonny Bairstow. How Did […]
With 10 wins and just 3 losses at the time of writing, Delhi Capitals are sitting pretty at the top of the table after having had one of their best Indian Premier League seasons yet. While they admittedly had a solid start to the tournament back in India, they have been absolutely top-class in the […]