One of the Best Fast-Bowling Attacks Indian Team Has Had: Mithali Raj
India’s women cricket team captain Mithali Raj, who is considered one of the best women cricketers to have ever played the game, has recently stated that the Indian women’s team had one of the best bowling attacks in world cricket. Speaking at a media conference on Friday, Mithali said that the Indian women’s cricket team always had fast-bowling talent, but it had not been properly utilised earlier due to a lack of facilities and opportunities. “It is about time we are recognised for having some of the best bowlers in world cricket,” she added. The Indian women’s cricket team is playing against Australia in a one-off pink-ball Test in Queensland. According to cric-life.com, the Indian team will play a 3-match T20 series against Australia following the Test match. Mithali Raj is very proud of her team as they have been dominating all their opponents with some amazing bowling performances.
Top Indian Fast Bowlers to Look out for
Over the years, India’s women’s cricket has produced world-class bowlers that have made the Indian team’s bowling attack very strong. Many Indian women bowlers have shown their abilities, whether it is swing, spin, slow-balls, or yorkers.
Let’s take a look at some of the top fast-bowlers from the Indian women’s cricket team:
- Jhulan Goswami – One of the best Indian bowlers, she is ranked second on the list of the top fast bowlers in ODI cricket. She holds the record for being the highest wicket-taker in women’s ODI history with 240 wickets to her name and has been playing for the Indian women’s cricket team since 2002.
- Shikha Pandey – She is one of the promising Indian fast bowlers who has been playing international cricket since 2011. The best part about her bowling attack is that she can swing the ball both ways, which makes it hard for batswomen to score runs off her deliveries.
- Poonam Yadav – Off-spinner Poonam Yadav is known for her wrong-un and has been representing India in women’s cricket since 2009. It was in 2016 that she made a huge impact by taking 13 wickets against Ireland during the group stage of the ICC Women’s World T20.
- Pooja Vastrakar – Indian women’s cricket team off-spinner Pooja Vastrakar has shown some promising talent over the years. Mithali said that the team was trying to shape her into an all-rounder.
- Rajeshwari Gayakwad – Indian spinner Rajeshwari Gayakawd made her debut for the Indian women’s cricket team back in 2012 and since then has been impressing everyone with her bowling abilities. She is known for her slower deliveries and Indian skipper Mithali Raj said that she was impressed with Gayakawd’s bowling accuracy.
With the only pink-ball Test left, Indian bowlers have a great opportunity to prove themselves and show the world that they are ready to take on any challenge. Mithali is hopeful that in conditions like Australia, her bowlers will be able to bring the Indian women’s cricket team to the top.
At the moment, the Indian team is at the top spot after Smriti Mandhana scored a blistering century on the first day of the pink-ball Test.
Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Eoin Morgan had plenty of positive things to say about New Zealand speedster Tim Southee after the latter showed up big against Sunrisers Hyderabad in a crucial match. The World Cup-winning limited overs England captain claimed Southee’s impact to be ‘huge’, and that his contribution was of extreme importance in the […]
COVID cricket. It’s a phrase you may have heard bandied around in the last year. Every sport across the globe has been affected by the pandemic, and cricket is no exception. There has been a lot of speculation as to how the boards will conduct tournaments and series amid the crisis, given that players’ and […]
Mithali Raj, the Indian women’s cricket captain, has said that the team would have benefitted from having more time to play with the pink ball. “A little more time with the pink ball would have been quite helpful,” Mithali told ESPNcricinfo in an interview. The 38-year-old also spoke about how her team would approach the […]
The ICC ODI rankings have been updated following the conclusion of the recent tour to New Zealand. Indian captain Mithali Raj has been dethroned as the top-ranked woman cricketer in ODIs, and Jhulan Goswami now sits at the number two position in bowlers ranking with a total of 727 points. Mithali has been shifted to […]
On September 20th, Mithali Raj, the legendary captain of the Indian women’s cricket team, said that India’s Australia tour would be excellent for the team as preparation for the Women’s ODI World Cup, which is scheduled for March/April 2022. The legendary batter who holds the record for the highest number of ODI runs in the […]
With the 2021 Caribbean Premier League final coming to a close, St Kitts and Nevis Patriots defied the odds stacked against them to clinch their first-ever title. By no means the favourites, it wasn’t a cakewalk for them as it was for the Trinbago Knight Riders last season, but they nevertheless deserved to become the […]