Batsmen with Most 150+ Scores in ODIs
Batsmen are scoring hundreds more easily in ODIs these days thanks to flat pitches, thicker bats and smaller grounds. Even 300 is not a safe total because of this. The best batsmen elongate their tons into daddy hundreds to bat the other side out of the match.
As batsmen are blasting runs at a fast rate, they’re guaranteed a big score if they remain not out for a reasonably long period. Because of this, the number of individual 150+ scores has increased drastically in recent years. In this article, we review the records of batsmen with the most 150+ scores in ODIs.
Highest Individual Scores in ODIs
|RG Sharma||264||173||33||9||152.60||India||v Sri Lanka||Kolkata||13 Nov 2014||ODI # 3544|
|MJ Guptill||237*||163||24||11||145.39||New Zealand||v West Indies||Wellington||21 Mar 2015||ODI # 3643|
|V Sehwag||219||149||25||7||146.97||India||v West Indies||Indore||8 Dec 2011||ODI # 3223|
|CH Gayle||215||147||10||16||146.25||West Indies||v Zimbabwe||Canberra||24 Feb 2015||ODI # 3612|
|Fakhar Zaman||210*||156||24||5||134.61||Pakistan||v Zimbabwe||Bulawayo||20 Jul 2018||ODI # 4020|
|RG Sharma||209||158||12||16||132.27||India||v Australia||Bengaluru||2 Nov 2013||ODI # 3428|
|RG Sharma||208*||153||13||12||135.94||India||v Sri Lanka||Mohali||13 Dec 2017||ODI # 3941|
|SR Tendulkar||200*||147||25||3||136.05||India||v South Africa||Gwalior||24 Feb 2010||ODI # 2962|
7. Sanath Jayasuriya – 4 150+ ODI Scoresp>Sanath Jayasuriya revolutionised opening in ODIs by playing attacking cricket in the power play. He made full use of the fielding restrictions to loft the ball over the in-field and score quick runs. The ‘Matara Mauler’ contributed immensely to Sri Lanka’s success in the 1996 ODI World Cup.
Jayasuriya featured in 445 ODIs, cracking 13,430 runs at a 32.36 average and a 91.20 strike rate with 28 hundreds and 68 fifties. He made 4 150+ scores in ODIs with the highest of 189 which he smashed in the final of the 2000 Coca-Cola Champions Cup in Sharjah in 2000.
In that game, Lanka batted first and piled 299/5 thanks to Jayasuriya’s 189 off 161 balls with 4 sixes and 21 fours. In reply, the Indians were bundled out for a measly 54. Chaminda Vaas bagged 5/14 and Muttiah Muralitharan 3/6.
6. Hashim Amla – 4 150+
6. Hashim Amla – 4 150+ ODI Scoresc-life.com/article/hashim-amla-ipl-cricket-career/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Hashim Amla had a monk-like demeanor on the field but he still scored runs at a fast clip and posted 4 150+ scores in ODIs. He starred in 181 ODIs, blasting 8,113 runs at a 49.46 average and an 88.39 strike rate with 27 centuries and 39 half-centuries.
Amla’s highest ODI score, 159, was made in a group match of the 2015 ODI World Cup against Ireland in Canberra. The Proteas batted first and posted a mammoth 411/4 thanks to Amla’s 159 off 128 balls with 4 sixers and 16 fours and Faf du Plessis’s 109 from 109 deliveries. South Africa then dismissed the Irish for just 210 to etch a handy 201-run triumph. Amla was named the Player of the Match.
5. Virat Kohli – 4 150+ ODI Scores
5. Virat Kohli – 4 150+ ODI Scores/article/virat-kohli-records-top-10/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Virat Kohli is one of the best finishers in the history of ODIs and he has recorded 4 150+ scores in the format to date. As of December 2020, he has played in 251 ODIs, racking up 12,040 runs at a 59.31 average and a 93.24 strike rate with 43 hundreds and 60 fifties.
Kohli’s highest ODI score, 183, came in a game against Pakistan in the 2012 Asia Cup played in Dhaka. Pakistan batted first and posted 329/6 thanks to hundreds from openers Mohammad Hafeez and Nasir Jamshed. Virat Kohli then guided India to victory with 189 off 148 deliveries with 22 fours and 1 six. He was supported by fifties from Sachin Tendulkar and Rohit Sharma. Kohli won the Player of the Match award.
4. Chris Gayle – 5 150+ ODI Scores
4. Chris Gayle – 5 150+ ODI Scoressman in the Caribbean mould and has made 5 150+ ODI scores so far. As of December 2020, he has appeared in 301 ODIs, amassing 10,480 runs at a 37.83 average and an 87.19 strike rate with 25 tons and 54 fifties.
Gayle’s highest score in ODIs is 215. It was made in a group match of the 2015 World Cup played against Zimbabwe in Canberra. The Windies batted first and blasted 372/2 with the help of Gayle’s 215 off 147 balls with 16 sixes and 10 fours. Marlon Samuels supported him with 133 from 156 deliveries. The Zimbabweans were then bowled out for 289 and Gayle was named the Player of the Match.
3. Sachin Tendulkar – 5 150+ ODI Scores
3. Sachin Tendulkar – 5 150+ ODI Scores/article/why-is-sachin-tendulkar-the-master-blaster/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Sachin Tendulkar is placed third with 5 150+ ODI scores, the same as Gayle. He starred in 463 games, clobbering 18,426 runs at a 44.83 average and an 86.23 strike rate with 49 centuries and 96 half-centuries.
Tendlya’s highest ODI score, 200 not out, came against South Africa in Gwalior in 2010. He was the first batsman to notch a double hundred in ODIs. In this match, he scored an unbeaten 200 off 147 balls to help India pile 401/3. They then bowled out the Proteas for 248. Tendulkar was awarded the Player of the Match.
2. David Warner – 6 150+ ODI Scores
2. David Warner – 6 150+ ODI Scores128 ODIs, as of December 2020, cracking 5,455 runs at 45.45 average and 95.53 strike rate with 18 hundreds and 23 fifties. 179, Warner’s highest ODI score, was blasted against Pakistan in Adelaide in 2017.
In that match, the Aussies batted first and posted 369/7 aided by Warner’s 179 off 128 balls with 5 sixes and 19 fours. He was supported by Travis Head with 128 off 137. The Pakistanis were restricted to 312 and Warner was named the Player of the Match.
1. Rohit Sharma – 8 150+ ODI Scores
‘Hitman’ 1. Rohit Sharma – 8 150+ ODI Scorestarget="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Rohit Sharma stands atop the pole with an amazing 8 150+ scores in ODIs and he is still going strong. As of December 2020, he has played in 224 ODIs, smashing 9115 runs at a 49.27 average and an 88.92 strike rate with 29 tons and 43 fifties.
Rohit’s highest score of 264 is a world record in ODIs and he is also the only player to pile three double hundreds in this format. His 264 came in a game against Sri Lanka in Kolkata in 2014. The knock helped India amass 404/5 and emerge victorious by 153 runs.
In Conclusionrget="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Virat Kohli, Chris Gayle, David Warner and Rohit Sharma are still active in the international arena, so we can expect changes to this list soon.